Buzzing noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

muski

Nov 19, 2020
usa
Hi everyone. Having a problem with a 2013 Harman p61a pellet stove..when stove gets turned on the power,status and combustion lights come on solid with no blinking and just a buzzing noise..blower is not turning..now I know when an electric motor just buzzes and doesn't spin it usually means motor is bad or a starting capacitor is bad...dont know much about this particular models system so should I go after combustion motor or maybe could it be a control board issue...thx in advance for any ideas!!!

More than likely the combustion fan. Take it out and check to see if it spins freely. If it does rig up a power cord to it and plug it into 120 volt power. If it takes right off it's probably good, if not it's bad.
Ron

Reactions: Washed-Up
My vote also goes to the combustion fan. A couple of years ago my P43 started buzzing before the fan quit for good. Replaced the motor and the buzzing went away, and fan runs.

Thx guys for your input...now have another question.when buying a new combustion motor I heard there is an updated version? Where is best place to buy because I dont want to install a 30 dollar China motor and have it quit in a month..lol thx in advance

Doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes a chunk of hardened ash will fall and make a blower make noise,sometimes even jamming it.