Bye bye clean river

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Perhaps when they get older they will want to get away from the crowds. Citys draw for earning income but to retire many folks want some peace and quiet ,less traffic congestion,more affordable taxes and housing ,so its 6 of one half dozen of the other. I personally want to get farther out. To see trees out my windows instead of other houses.

I agree it's more quality of life than taxes.

Me, I long for warm weather, I can't wait till may when I can throw the Kayak back into the Merrimack. I think it's high time I became a snowbird

Off topic, one good part about winter is the Juncos come to shelter in the shrubs outside the kitchen window. My wife calls it cat TV, but since the last cat died, it's more like gezzer TV