amynrichie Posted By amynrichie, Nov 30, 2017 at 6:57 PM

1. amynrichie

amynrichie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2011
    Loc:
    Nebraska
    I posted this spring about a dirt cheap Heatilator CAB 50. We did buy the stove.
    We thoroughly cleaned it and did some troubleshooting. Replaced gaskets, adjusted the hopper lid magnet switch.
    The only problem we haven't fixed yet is the connection blower. Blower works, but does not come on automatically when up to temp. We replaced a snap disk, now wondering if it's the control panel.
    Hubby is able to run the blower manually by hooking it up to a regular plug in on the wall.
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Snap disc #1 is located on the right side of the appliance behind the right side panel. There are 2 purple wires connected to it. This snap disc turns the convection blower on and off as needed. F110F-20 is this the snap disc you changed

3. kappel15

kappel15
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2014
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Did you try jumping the wires together, to run the fan? Be careful as there is always power to the conv. fan. kap

4. amynrichie

amynrichie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2011
    Loc:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for both of those ideas. When he gets home from hunting, we'll take another look. Im not 100% sure which snap disc was replaced. I know he's jumped wires, but again, not 100% sure for which part.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk