CAB 50 convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

amynrichie

Nov 3, 2011
Nebraska
I posted this spring about a dirt cheap Heatilator CAB 50. We did buy the stove.
We thoroughly cleaned it and did some troubleshooting. Replaced gaskets, adjusted the hopper lid magnet switch.
The only problem we haven't fixed yet is the connection blower. Blower works, but does not come on automatically when up to temp. We replaced a snap disk, now wondering if it's the control panel.
Hubby is able to run the blower manually by hooking it up to a regular plug in on the wall.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Snap disc #1 is located on the right side of the appliance behind the right side panel. There are 2 purple wires connected to it. This snap disc turns the convection blower on and off as needed. F110F-20 is this the snap disc you changed

Did you try jumping the wires together, to run the fan? Be careful as there is always power to the conv. fan. kap

Thanks for both of those ideas. When he gets home from hunting, we'll take another look. Im not 100% sure which snap disc was replaced. I know he's jumped wires, but again, not 100% sure for which part.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Snap disc #1 is located on the right side of the appliance behind the right side panel. There are 2 purple wires connected to it. This snap disc turns the convection blower on and off as needed. F110F-20 is this the snap disc you changed

Yes, this is the snap disc we replaced. The fan runs, it just does not kick on automatically when the stove gets up to temp.

Edit: How do you check the control panel?

Last edited:
You either find someone with same stove and try control box in it,or take to a dealer and see if they will try it in a stove. And always remember to unplug stove before removing or installing a box, or you run the risk of toasting it. kap

Did u jumper the snap disc wires or did u just plug fan into outlet?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk