CAB50 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How is the Heatilator CAB50 overall as a stove?

• Fair (some issues but usable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor (lots of issues, would not recommend)

• Terrible

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveman88

Oct 4, 2014
Greenville OH
Hey y'all, I'm new to the site and new to Pellet Stoves. I just recently purchased a year old Heatilator CAB50 off craigslist and installed it myself with the help of my father-in-law. Everything was running great until a day or so ago. The stove is Thermostat controlled and it kicks on when the temp drops but it sometimes won't feed or if it does the pellets won't light or if they do they won't stay lit. I like the stove and I have done a lot of reading on it but I haven't noticed any issues like this. At this point I have about a quarter hopper full and I am going to let it run out and do a full cleaning on the unit, see if I missed something when I installed it. Could the issues be related to the OAK not being installed? If I push the reset button it runs fine.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, I'm new to the site and new to Pellet Stoves. I just recently purchased a year old Heatilator CAB50 off craigslist and installed it myself with the help of my father-in-law. Everything was running great until a day or so ago. The stove is Thermostat controlled and it kicks on when the temp drops but it sometimes won't feed or if it does the pellets won't light or if they do they won't stay lit. I like the stove and I have done a lot of reading on it but I haven't noticed any issues like this. At this point I have about a quarter hopper full and I am going to let it run out and do a full cleaning on the unit, see if I missed something when I installed it. Could the issues be related to the OAK not being installed? If I push the reset button it runs fine.
Had the same issue....the feed plate is closed too much...not enough pellets in the first 54 seconds when the t-stat calls for heat...look for the green light on the control box after stat calls for heat...that means you are up to 200 degrees, it will work fine now,,,,,,good luck...

Had the same issue....the feed plate is closed too much...not enough pellets in the first 54 seconds when the t-stat calls for heat...look for the green light on the control box after stat calls for heat...that means you are up to 200 degrees, it will work fine now,,,,,,good luck...

Thanks! Working great since I adjusted the plate

Status
Not open for further replies.