Cab50 keeps flashing amber and going out

Coldinnl

Apr 1, 2019
Newfoundland
I have a cab50 only 2 months old and recently I’ve been getting a lot of shut downs and when I look at the back it’s flashing amber light. Ive tried different brands of pellets. Cleaning everything. Including vacuuming out the hopper. All with same results runs for a bit then shuts down.

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
Question how long is a bit 5 min. 10 min an hour
Does it start and go out with in 15 min.
Are you sure it is an amber light not red or green ?

Reactions: kappel15

jzm2cc

Minister of Fire
Sep 25, 2014
Northern Michigan
Sounds like an issue to be fixed under warranty. An amber colored LED is a bad thermocouple. Maybe try restating its two connectors and see what happens

Reactions: kappel15

Coldinnl

Apr 1, 2019
Newfoundland
Question how long is a bit 5 min. 10 min an hour
Does it start and go out with in 15 min.
Are you sure it is an amber light not red or green ?
Definitely a amber light and sometimes it will recur out right away sometime 10 minutes sometimes a couple hours. But not reaching temp at thermostat

Coldinnl

Apr 1, 2019
Newfoundland
Sounds like an issue to be fixed under warranty. An amber colored LED is a bad thermocouple. Maybe try restating its two connectors and see what happens
That’s what I read in manual as well. Had tech come out and said the pellets might be jamming so I cleaned it out and tried different pellets still getting amber flashing light.

kappel15

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2014
Iowa
I would call em right back, and have him come out again. He may only need to adjust the thermocouple, making sure it is touching the inside end of the cover and is sticking into pot 3/4 to 1", and cover is not full of ash. kap

Coldinnl

Apr 1, 2019
Newfoundland
I would call em right back, and have him come out again. He may only need to adjust the thermocouple, making sure it is touching the inside end of the cover and is sticking into pot 3/4 to 1", and cover is not full of ash. kap
Thanks. I’ll let you know what happens