Cab50 keeps flashing amber and going out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Coldinnl

Apr 1, 2019
Newfoundland
I have a cab50 only 2 months old and recently I’ve been getting a lot of shut downs and when I look at the back it’s flashing amber light. Ive tried different brands of pellets. Cleaning everything. Including vacuuming out the hopper. All with same results runs for a bit then shuts down.

Question how long is a bit 5 min. 10 min an hour
Does it start and go out with in 15 min.
Are you sure it is an amber light not red or green ?

Reactions: kappel15
Sounds like an issue to be fixed under warranty. An amber colored LED is a bad thermocouple. Maybe try restating its two connectors and see what happens

Reactions: kappel15
Question how long is a bit 5 min. 10 min an hour
Does it start and go out with in 15 min.
Are you sure it is an amber light not red or green ?
Definitely a amber light and sometimes it will recur out right away sometime 10 minutes sometimes a couple hours. But not reaching temp at thermostat

Sounds like an issue to be fixed under warranty. An amber colored LED is a bad thermocouple. Maybe try restating its two connectors and see what happens
That’s what I read in manual as well. Had tech come out and said the pellets might be jamming so I cleaned it out and tried different pellets still getting amber flashing light.

I would call em right back, and have him come out again. He may only need to adjust the thermocouple, making sure it is touching the inside end of the cover and is sticking into pot 3/4 to 1", and cover is not full of ash. kap

I would call em right back, and have him come out again. He may only need to adjust the thermocouple, making sure it is touching the inside end of the cover and is sticking into pot 3/4 to 1", and cover is not full of ash. kap
Thanks. I’ll let you know what happens