Cab50 one quick flash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greaser

Feb 9, 2017
N. MN
Hi guys hope you're staying warm. My cab50 quit on me the other day, I narrowed it down to the control box. So I ordered a new one and installed it but now I get no flashes when plugged in with the new box or the old. What I do get is a super fast flash of the blue led and nothing else no call light no blowers nothing. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Whenever installing or removing a control box, the stove should be unplugged first, or you run the risk of toasting the box. If you got one blue flash, the box is set on 1 setting. For your stove, it should be set on 2, Try that. kap

Thanks for the response Kap, I did have it unplugged while swapping them. The flash isn't a normal flash, I have it set on two per the manual. I am stumped I hope it isn't DOA I really don't want to wait another week to get another new one.

Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked tstat wires?

I put my multi meter on the am it showed it as good and the tstat was working fine when the last board went kaput.

Well I tried the new control box again this morning and right away the blue led starts flash as it is supposed to, the call light comes on an the stove opperates as normal.
Thanks for the ideas Kap. Not sure what the issue was but it works again and I will call that a win.

The box could of not been seated properly the first time you tried. Or some connection made contact again. Glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap