Cab50 pellets not dropping after cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

classicscott

Feb 20, 2016
ontario canada
Today i spent the morning cleaning the stove and exhaust. I cleaned the baffles and the chimney for as far as i could reach. The stove is in the basement and we tapped into the chimney going to the roof that was originally used for a wood burning stove. Its been WETT certified and this my 4th year burning with the Cab50. My warranty is over and I am not sure what is going on.

So after the cleaning and putting everything back I put the stove on high and raised the thermostat. The exhaust fan came on but no pellets dropped. I tried a few times .. hit the reset switch after a minute ..saw the blue lights blinking 4 times and the red call light is coming on but no pellets are dropping. I checked the door and the firepot is closed. It just won;t drop pellets.

Looking for suggestions. I had hopped that the cleaning would resolve my bad burning issues of late. I was getting heavy soot on my glass and heavy clinkers in the burnpot. I was cleaning the stove 3 times a day because i had found pellets burning outside of the burnpot last week. I use a premium hardwood pellet that is supposed to be low ash and low moisture.

any suggestions ?

Open hopper door stops auger feeding, as well as insufficuent vacuum, bad vacuum switch, bad snap disk #2, plugged vacuum line, disconnected wires, etc.

Try a coat hanger up the auger chute also, I've had mine clog up before, and also try low or medium speeds to see if pellets drop, if that is the case exhaust path may still be plugged.

Open hopper door stops auger feeding, as well as insufficuent vacuum, bad vacuum switch, bad snap disk #2, plugged vacuum line, disconnected wires, etc.

Try a coat hanger up the auger chute also, I've had mine clog up before, and also try low or medium speeds to see if pellets drop, if that is the case exhaust path may still be plugged.

I had cleaned everything except the hopper which I had cleaned 3 week previous. I had shut it down to clean so i assumed (yup) that the hopper was fine.A friend suggested to throw some pellets into the the burn pot to see if the ignitor would like them. It did so that got us thinking that it had to be the hopper. so i emptied it again and viola the pellets dropped at startup. Now the stove is burning nice and clean again. very few clinkers in the pot even after 48 hours. I run the stove on medium with a thermostat at 73. It seems to work nice on medium and it rarely shuts off.

thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.