Call light on, igniter and auger don't come on....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HandyMan22

Nov 14, 2018
Arizona
Until the reset button is hit. Then the auger feeds and the igniter glows red and starts the fire.

Quadra Fire 1000 model.

When I set the thermostat up by hand it works fine, but if it comes on to call for heat on it's own it won't fire up until I hit the reset button, fans come on all the time when the thermostat calls for heat. The manual says to clean heat exchangers but I have already done that. Any help would be great thanks!

I just found this on pellet stove pro. In reference to Quadra Fire 1000 or Quadra Fire pellets stoves in general.

Stove Won’t Restart with Thermostat After Shutdown

This symptom is when the stove is using a thermostat to turn it off and on. The thermostat will turn off the stove but the stove won’t turn back on when the thermostat turns on. It seems a bit mysterious but this happens when the thermocouple is going bad.

http://www.pelletstovepro.com/2015/07/trouble-shooting-quadrafire-stoves/

That is mysterious indeed how would the thermocoupler have anything to do with the restart? This is the best description to problem tip I have seen yet. I will keep the post informed as to if it works or not for future searchers.

Usually with a bad tcouple, the light will blink in the control box, but not always. It will shut stove down from running. kap

What if it is slowly going bad or when they die do they die all at once?

I don't want to spend money on parts I don't need for the customer but at some point I'm going to have to try a few things.

I was also considering the high limit switch as a possibility as the manual video says if the thermostat won't start the unit replace it. The thermostat does turn the call light on it just doesn't fire up completely. Weird thing is one the restart button is hit it fired up right away.

They can be intermitant or just go bad.

is the firepot thermocouple sticking in the firepot far enough? Is it touching the inside end of the cover? Is the cover clear of any ash buildup? kap