Caminetti Montegrappa Tuga 18Kw Pellet boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Luthier26

Jan 13, 2024
Greece
Hi,
I have been using the above stove for a while now, but wonder if any one can help?

There is a facility to change the balance between the combustion air and the quantity of pellets that are sent to the burn pot, the range is -9 to +9.
The stove is sooting up somewhat so I have steadily reduced the quantity of pellets and it has helped, but I am now on the -9 setting when using EN Plus A + grade pellets.

I initially thought that it was the length of the flue at around 7 metres that was causing the problem but having relocated the stove, the flue is now about 3 metres long, with no bends and it has not helped.

It would seem that increasing the airflow might cure this. In order to do this I suspect that I need access to the "technician menu", which requires an access code to be input, I have been unable to get that code from my supplier or the manufacturer and wondered if anyone on here knows what it is and would be prepared to reveal it? :)
Thank you for any advice that you could give