Can anyone confirm? Preway?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

McMom5

Sep 30, 2023
USA
Hi,
We just bought this UNUSED, pristine condition fireplace. It has a Preway tag with model and serial numbers. But I can’t find anything at all online- year, directions, pictures, etc.
Just wondering if it’s really a Preway as I’ve read they only produced the straight leg style.
Can anyone confirm that this really is a Preway? Any idea what year it may be? Any suggestions on where to find installation directions?
Thanks for any info!
IMG_3234.jpeg IMG_3238.jpeg

It looks genuine. Just a guess on the age but avocado came in as a popular color in the 60s. Preway made many models. Some became more iconic and survived. Some had lower volume sales. There are pictures of this style out there and one with straight sides is for sale on eBay. Some of the full cabinet models were designed for mobile home installation.

You might try these folks. They have a bit of Preway knowledge.

It looks genuine. Just a guess on the age but avocado came in as a popular color in the 60s. Preway made many models. Some became more iconic and survived. Some had lower volume sales. There are pictures of this style out there and one with straight sides is for sale on eBay. Some of the full cabinet models were designed for mobile home installation.

You might try these folks. They have a bit of Preway knowledge.
Thank you!!

That stove deserves to remain in its present state, unused. Although these aren’t rare, to find an existing one in unused condition is rare. In my mind this should be preserved as it is now.

Reactions: McMom5