Can anyone tell me what stove I have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbykr

Feb 26, 2012
Southern NH
We moved to a new place that has an existing stove, but there are no markings anywhere on it. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thanks

Attachments

• P1030574.JPG
    P1030574.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 1,479
  • P1030581.JPG
    P1030581.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 561
Looks a bit like an Orley.

+1 on the Orley but the air intake is different from the ones that I have seen. How does it heat?

It heats very well, I don't use any oil except for hot water and we have a pretty big place. The only other heat source is a Harman Accentra pellet stove, both were here when we moved in. The pellet stove is much easier to run, but no where near the BTU output as the wood stove. My issues with the stove are it is not tight and I don't know how it's supposed to be. I replaced the door gasket which was a pain to get the right size due to the fact that there isn't a channel for it. On the side where the glass is, there were no gaskets so i put one around the glass. There was also a gap in the stove (not a crack) so i filled it in with a gasket. Doing all of this has certainly given me better control over the stove, but there are still times when we smell smoke in the house and I'm not sure how dangerous this is for my family (wife and 4 young kids). My hope in finding the brand and model were to find some info on the stove and make sure I am doing everything I can. I would like to make it work and not have to buy a new stove, but if not my local dealer carries Regency and Hearthstone. ( another dealer 30min away carries every brand I've ever heard of)

Thanks again for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.