can I make a blacklight flashlight or modify existing flashlights ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
wanna check my tomatoes everyday for horn worms. They can devour stems and all overnight or less
i found say 7 or so aweek ago o one tomato plant. You tubers say they can be spotted easily in the dark with a blacklight....
I tried to find one unsucessful here in ths town,,,
I did find light bulbs only at big W store.... cause most of my tomat are far from an electrical outlet..
can I spray paint a reg light bulb or say somthing on my regular Led flaslighte?

yeah I know I can order from Ebay for one or two? but iam concerned of losing my great cherry tomates
Oh saw several Bushnell brands said"multicolor " ....it said for blood looking
please explain
thanks yall

You may be able to get away with using a regular flaslight. Scotch tape the lense, color it with a blue marker, tape it again, color that with blue again, more tape, then color it with a purple marker.

Wally World should have this one in stock, may be with the pet supplies. What you're looking for is a UV light.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-Value-Bright-9-LED-UV-Flashlight/22086108
ive been twice asked and looked in many dept. cause I saw on Ebay its used for pet urine detection. I guess in carpet...
Now if I found a blue lense or does it have to be purple? what about a blue lense behind a purple lense?
what about lense from one of those Xmas tree rotating color wheel???
would some kid of photography lense work?
I bought two 120volt blue light bulbs but I cant drag around a 100feet plus cords I have volunteer tomatoes growing everywhere. I lost track of how many seedlings volunteers I transplanted
anyone know how to remove a curse? cause i get every type of devoring insects around...Lots I cant find the name of.. cause i refuse to use Sevin....I wish I would have listened and remembered a Menonite said they used" Dipel" in the planting hole
we stuck several web worms big webs in the Hardy outdoor unit and ufortunately lots escaped before I notice them around the Hardy door.I asked Hubby to light it then and burn the suckers....RAH:p
thanks all