Can I my stove without the baffles in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ps50

Jan 17, 2015
vermont
Just moved into a house that has an ashley ap5660pe. Went to clean it today and the screws up top to hold the baffles in were stripped. Notice that the baffles which are basically just Styrofoam with brick covering decoration are basically all falling apart. Can I remove the baffles and run my stove? Or are they necessary to have in there?

Not sure if you understand the "Baffles", The styrofoam that you are talking about is on the sides and back of the stove. The baffles are located on the top of the stove and they are the tubes that the convection blower releases air into to put into the room. The foam that you are referring to is something different. The foam does not need to come off UNLESS there is a port behind them to clean out.

Ok maybe I described the "baffles" wrong. I'm talking about the 3 brick panels on the back middle right and left of the interior of the stove. Tried cleaning stove today and there are to clips that hold them in. Screws were stripped. The Panels were in pretty rough shape they almost fell out. I'm asking if I can run the stove without the Panels or of I should replace them