Can I use a Nest Thermostat with a Quadra Fire Castille?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darge82

Oct 13, 2018
ct
My Mechanical thermostat is starting to fail on my Castile. I have a new Nest Thermostat laying around. Can I use this Tstat to turn the stove on and off at desired temps? I do not need it to do anything else like adjust the low med or high as I always use the stove on medium. If it does work do I need to know anything else to get it connected or is it straight forward as if I was wiring it to my furnace?

I use a nest on my Harman insert, you may need to utilize a 24v transformer and a fan relay to integrate it which is what I did, I also utilize a nest remote temp sensor so that I base it off the temperature of the furthest room.