Cannot figure out how to connect chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ronfedele

Nov 13, 2022
Clearlake oaks California
Okay

Had a new roof put on 3 years ago and figured let's put a chimney at the same time. Bought selkirk metalbestos 6t-pck pitched ceiling support kit stainless. From Amazon and roofer installed. I wasn't putting stove in immediately so he did not bring pipe down through ceiling but left me the remaining parts which included pipe (with male threading on top see picture ) and clamp.

So present day open up ceiling and go to attach pipe but section up there seems to be male thread as well. Not sure if roofer messed up or I am missing a part.

Ron

20221113_195604_HDR.jpg

Mine has the female section of the chimney down so the adapter you have would screw into it. As stated your chimney might be upside down.

Last edited:
If the pipe is upside down and it was anchored with a roof support, then this is a problem because the chimney pipe is screwed to the support under the flashing.
Ideally, there should have been a ceiling support box installed with an attic insulation guard on top of that. The snout on the chimney adapter can not pass through a ceiling.