Castile Convection Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JeffB

Feb 14, 2018
quadrafire castile
Hi,
I'm new to the board, but have often referenced it for info. Very helpful.
The convection blower on my Quad Castile only blows on high. I have narrowed it down to a blown triac in the control board. I have learned that the control board matches pellet drop rate (auger) to convection speed. Such that in this scenario when the rocker switch is on low speed the pellets drop at a slower rate than the fan is running. The stove blows off heat faster than the pellets can keep up. Burn pot usually dies after awhile.

So, what I want to do is run a 3 speed ceiling fan switch before snap disk #1 to match fan speed with pellet drop rate. Until I decide to fork out 3 bills for the replacement board.

Need to know volts of convec motor and amperage to select proper fan switch. I think its a 110-115 V motor.
What would be be the max amp switch I could use. I've been able to gleen some info from other posts and think that up to a 5 amp switch will be good.

I would probably attempt to replace the triac that controls convection speed but cant figure out where it is on the board. Cant seem to find a schematic online.
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I'm new to the board, but have often referenced it for info. Very helpful.
The convection blower on my Quad Castile only blows on high. I have narrowed it down to a blown triac in the control board. I have learned that the control board matches pellet drop rate (auger) to convection speed. Such that in this scenario when the rocker switch is on low speed the pellets drop at a slower rate than the fan is running. The stove blows off heat faster than the pellets can keep up. Burn pot usually dies after awhile.

So, what I want to do is run a 3 speed ceiling fan switch before snap disk #1 to match fan speed with pellet drop rate. Until I decide to fork out 3 bills for the replacement board.

Need to know volts of convec motor and amperage to select proper fan switch. I think its a 110-115 V motor.
What would be be the max amp switch I could use. I've been able to gleen some info from other posts and think that up to a 5 amp switch will be good.

I would probably attempt to replace the triac that controls convection speed but cant figure out where it is on the board. Cant seem to find a schematic online.
Thanks in advance

Thank you