Castle Serenity exhaust voltage in shutdown?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sytamra

Jul 7, 2017
New Mexico
i get some sparks from the vent, but they increase greatly during shutdown. Extremely dry in northern New Mexico and I'd hate to cause a fire! We only run on setting 1 and it keeps us nice and warm. When it shuts down in the weekly mode the fans speed up and that's when we get the most sparks. Can I set the exhaust voltage in shutdown to the same 80 volts we use on the low heat setting?
Also thinking about a USP (uninterruptible power supply) so we can properly shut the stove down if we loose power. Will a common computer type USP work?
Thanks
Bryan

The shutdown voltage is preset to purposely ramp up to help clear out the burn pot. And yes any UPS should work, the higher the VA the longer you will have to shut down the stove

The shutdown voltage is preset to purposely ramp up to help clear out the burn pot. And yes any UPS should work, the higher the VA the longer you will have to shut down the stove
Rich, would a 350 watt ups work to start the stove (402 watts) when the power is on? I have no plans to try to start the stove during a power outage.
Thanks
Bryan

yes

Thank you for the reply....I'm not so hot on electrical issues. 6 days a week either myself or my wife are home
And chances are good that a power failure would happen when we could shut the stove down within minutes of the outage. A bit of piece of mind!
Bryan