Castle Serenity flame issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Molinaelysium

Mar 7, 2020
Oregon
We have had our Castle Serenity for a little over a year now. We have been burning it on temp with all factory settings until about a month ago with no problems. Now, we seem to have two conflicting problems. One is that the fire is going out before more pellets drop. The second is that the glass is turning black after a few hours. We took it all apart and cleaned the exhaust fan and ventilation system. Nothing changed. We opened the damper some and it just went out faster. We closed the damper some from factory setting and it is still going out and the glass gets dirty faster. Even set on the lowest possible temp (61) it burns on 1 most of the time so I changed it to manual and raised it to 2 and it isn’t helping. We haven’t changed the pellets we burn. It’s not just a couple bad bags because this has been going on for about a month. I’m about to just turn it off and huddle in my bedroom with a space heater! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum
Do you have an OAK ( outside Air Kit)
Have you cleaned the stove from air intake to exhaust termination
All hidden passages in the stove. Cleaned the burn pot
Sounds to me that you have a lack of combustion air

I have a "bird" screen on the mouth of the outside exhaust for obvious reasons. This gets clogged up with pellet ash and then I get blacked glass and insides. The fire also seems to die down further than usual.

When's the last time you cleaned the pipes?