Castle Serenity ignition problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 19, 2014
Yardley, PA
I'm fairly in tune with my Castle Serenity (5 years) also have Harman Accentra (15 years)
I can't light it!
Cleaned everything very well. (really can't imagine there is a clog somewhere because ive been all in this thing)
Got a new igniter and it glows RED HOT!
no problems with the computer interface
pellets are filling the firebox and i adjusted the new igniter after a few tries so it is as close as possible to the firebox and pellets.
The fan turns on after 10 min like it should
still no smoke, no flame, no chance, can anyone shed some light on the problem(s)?

Pos burn pot holes plugged or igniter tube full of ash

Pos burn pot holes plugged or igniter tube full of ash
No, neither of those, but now that i've been doing more research, could it be the combustion blower?
(the other convection blower seems to be working fine)
I guess i'm going to take it apart and clean it. How can I test it?
I feel like it's not getting stoked when it is starting. Which fan does the stoking?

The convection blower blows the heat through the heat exchanger into the room.
The combustion blower sucks air through the burn pot and expels the combusted (Smoke) air out of the chimney
Pellets should not feed into the burn pot if the combustion blower is not working
The blower is 120-volt test with an old lamp cord make sure you unplug the stove before testing
Is your chimney clean?

The convection blower blows the heat through the heat exchanger into the room.
The combustion blower sucks air through the burn pot and expels the combusted (Smoke) air out of the chimney
Pellets should not feed into the burn pot if the combustion blower is not working
The blower is 120-volt test with an old lamp cord make sure you unplug the stove before testing
Is your chimney clean?
So I took apart the combustion blower, not too sooty, but vacuumed it out.
Also took your thought of "chimney clean?" and re-vacuumed everything again.
I used a different vacuum attachment and put it everywhere I could and could not see, up the chimney, intake port, exhaust, burn pot, igniter tube, etc.
I put the blower back together and turned the stove on.
With the side panel removed, I could easily tell the blower was working immediately and probably was all along.
Within 7 minutes, I had a fire going!!!
Must have been a clog somewhere, but not sure exactly where.
Reminds me of what I already knew, "When in doubt, clean everything again!"
Thanks for helping me think it through!

Reactions: Washed-Up
Glad to hear you are up and running
My favourite saying "A clean stove is a happy stove"

Reactions: Washed-Up
Not sure if it was mentioned or not but always check the flapper movement on the air intake, if it’s not moving 100% you won’t get as much air as needed, I’ve personally put a magnet on mine to hold it open.