castle serenity / no power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mertog

Jan 26, 2020
New York
hello, ive had the castle serenity for 3 months with no problems until last night. I shut stove down to clean, waited about two hours, cleaned it, started it up and it lit no problem but about 10 minutes into the heating cycle it lost power. I checked breaker panel and outlet has power, I then checked and switched fuse at power switch but still no power to stove, I unplugged it and waited until this morning to try it again and still no power. I opened it up and all connection from switch on secured. any ideas of what it could be?

had a friend come over who's an electrician and we tested the switch which turned out to be bad. I don't know how it would go bad but we rigged the stove up by bypassing the switch and it turned on. I ordered a new one from amazon, I will update this post after it comes if someone else has the same problem

had a friend come over who's an electrician and we tested the switch which turned out to be bad. I don't know how it would go bad but we rigged the stove up by bypassing the switch and it turned on. I ordered a new one from amazon, I will update this post after it comes if someone else has the same problem
Stove switch on the control panel? or what switch are you talking about?

Update: switch came today, installed it and everything seems good so far. Only thing i can think that might have blown switch is a power surge since i don’t have it plugged into a protector. I will pick one up on my way home from work tomorrow and hopefully it won’t be a problem again. 5 days of burning oil, sucked.