Castle Serenity pounds-per-hour feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mirwin22031

Oct 12, 2019
Virginia
Anyone know off hand what the feed rate is for the Castle Serenity, in pounds-per-hour, at its different settings?

I've not been able to find much information about it.

From what I can find
2.2 lbs an hr on low
4 lbs an hr on high
40 lbs pellets in 18 hrs on low 2.2
manual up to 4 lbs an hour on high

Reactions: mirwin22031
Anyone know off hand what the feed rate is for the Castle Serenity, in pounds-per-hour, at its different settings?

I've not been able to find much information about it.
We have a Serenity. We primarily run it on manual on the number 1 setting. It’s a supplemental heat for us. 40 pounds will burn for approximately 18 hours. We love it.

Reactions: mirwin22031
I run my CS on thermostat mode. Extend the heat probe with the extra internal probe wire (included in all CSs') It stays on #1 most of the time and goes up to #5 when needed. Keeps the house around 70, 18 hours a day. Central heat stays off.

where did you get these numbers from?
The reason I ask, is that in my experience it really depends on the size of the pellets, so i will wonder what the avg size of the pellets were to calculate those numbers.