Castle Serenity Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fly By Night

Dec 2, 2015
Maine
To all the Serenity experts: Friend of mine just had new serenity put in last week, her 2nd. 1st one was problematic so after throwing numerous parts at it, ardisam did the right thing and gave her a new one.

The new one she has found is popping pellets out of the hopper and into the pan only partially burned. Then they smoke, etc... she checked the air and it came factory set at 1/2 open. The flame at 1/2 open was tall and lethargic looking, kind of wavy. But it was also popping pellets out. She went ahead and closed the air to 1/3 open and she still has some burned pellets coming out of the hopper but not as much as before. The flame also looks smaller, more like her original stove. Can anybody chime in on why these pellets may be popping out and should she continue to play with air adjustments? Suggestions? FYI this does have an OAK and nothing venting wise has been changed since the original stove.

Thanks

Actually sounds like a normal castle,before being adjusted,lol,which is good.You will probably have to go into programming,and adjust the combustion blower speed,for each heat level.I s in the manual.There are some smart Castle owners here,they prob. will check in a bit later.

Like Bob said go into settings and cut the voltage back slightly for the combustion blower. This may need to be done for each heat level .

Reactions: Mt Bob
I am a new pellet user castle serenity everything is still factory settings and Im burning green team hardwood pellets. I feel like I'm going threw a bag quiet fast. What would be best settings or air flow etc? Thank you