Castle serenity smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nickwolff24

Jan 24, 2018
I've had my castle serenity stove now for about 6 weeks and It is has a smell coming from the hot air being blown but possibly from the body of the stove itself. Not smoky, but maybe like a plastic or curing type smell ? I only have been running it when I'm home from work on about setting 2 or 3 , from about 3pm to 10pm when I go to sleep. Is it normal for a newer stove to have a smell, maybe the stove just curing ? I just didn't think it would last this long if that's the case. Anyone have any similiar smells or experiences?

I just got a new stove and it had a smell, I think it's paint curing and dust burning. Smells just like when my baseboard heat comes on first time in a while. Mine quit smelling after a few days, maybe a week.

Reactions: bags
Yeah your gonna get a burn-in oder and smoke, its paint and oils used to protect the components during shipping and storage till sold. If you can crank it up to high and let it run that way for an hour or so when you can open windows and let it clear out

Yeah your gonna get a burn-in oder and smoke, its paint and oils used to protect the components during shipping and storage till sold. If you can crank it up to high and let it run that way for an hour or so when you can open windows and let it clear out

Definitely !! Give Ssyko's advice a try. The paints and oils should burn off in short order when on high for a bit. If not, something else may be needed looked into.

Reactions: bags
The burn off may take some time too because if you reach a hotter operating temp it may burn off more and the smell comes back much later because that hotter temp has not been reach and burned off the pesky remaining oils, paint cure, etc;

As mentioned just crank that puppy up HOT on a colder day and make it happen. After that you will likely never deal with it again.

My Serenity had that plastic smell for a while. Over a few weeks it gradually faded away. Like others said crank it up hot and open your windows.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke