Castle serenity woes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bc_rural

May 23, 2023
Dawson creek bc canada
Bought our castle serenity 2020...it ran beautifully that winter. Ran for 2 months the next winter and not at all since.
We've replaced ;
the vacuum switch ( 3 times)( 45$ each time)
The fire sensor (twice) ( 85$)
Exhaust fan ( 165$)
Main control panel ( 400$)
Lid sensor ( free)
And after weekly phone calls...we're told " we're sorry...nothing we can do" so we are taking it to the dump and buying a sma wood stove for the front room.

Without telling us what is happening we can't help
Welcome to the Forum
There are many people here who would help, make suggestions,
and do whatever they can to get your stove up and running

Reactions: Ssyko
A lot of people really like their Castle Serenities. Never owned one myself, but I'm pretty sure even the junkiest stove should last 3 years or more when properly maintained. Although there are outliers and the occasional lemons. If you don't tell us the symptoms, then we can't help. Many times issues are resolved not by throwing parts at it, but by the simplest of actions.

But, if you signed up to the forum just to diss on the stove, then I guess you accomplished your mission. And BTW, I'll bet you could get a couple of your dollars back by selling on CL instead of taking it to the dump (many people out there refurbish stoves). Best of luck with the wood stove.

Reactions: Ssyko