Auger not working after replacing ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drtgreen

Nov 8, 2023
Washington
We recently replaced the ignitor on our castle serenity. At the same time my husband moved it outside, cleaned the exhaust and replaced all the stove piping. Upon return to its throne and firing it up the auger would not drop pellets. On diagnostics the auger will turn when emptied out. It does seem to have a difficult time turning with pellets in there. It will not fire up at all if we are just trying to turn it on. Checking the more affordable fixes so far. We checked the temp switch reset button, we did a jump wire check on both the temp switch and the vacuum switch. No such luck. Is this just a weak motor and it needs replaced?

We recently replaced the ignitor on our castle serenity. At the same time my husband moved it outside, cleaned the exhaust and replaced all the stove piping. Upon return to its throne and firing it up the auger would not drop pellets. On diagnostics the auger will turn when emptied out. It does seem to have a difficult time turning with pellets in there. It will not fire up at all if we are just trying to turn it on. Checking the more affordable fixes so far. We checked the temp switch reset button, we did a jump wire check on both the temp switch and the vacuum switch. No such luck. Is this just a weak motor and it needs replaced?
Not sure if this will help but my auger motor was turning but it wasn't dropping any pellets and I discovered there is a set screw that holds the auger motor into the base of the auger that had come loose. To access it you have to take the back of the stove off and if the set screw is facing the back or sides you will have to remove the motor from the plate and turn it manually so you can tighten it. Once I did that it worked perfectly. Hope this helps