Castle serenity won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jake86

Burning Hunk
Oct 8, 2015
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Turn on stove as usual, 15 minutes later noticed stove blowing cold air (no warning lights) found hopper overflowing with pellets. No burnt pellets. Thinking my igniter maybe broken? Anyone have any ideas?
Been running this guy for a couple of years with no problems. So it goes, I guess.

If it is your main heat source and you want heat I would do a manual start with a torch etc.Many do this even when they have autostart. Easy enough to check if the igniter is working or not. Curious why no codes. Many here with that stove may address that with better replies. My stove is finicky on auto light so I like to be there for that in case.
Many times with an igniter you have to make sure it is seated properly and if it gets hot. They can weaken before they fail. With my stove it helps if the burnpot is situated just right also.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Thanks for the help. Seems it's normal not to show codes when the igniter is broken. There's a separate diagnostic screen I found. It's showing the igniter has a problem. ( No kidding) Waiting on the manufacturer to call to older parts Etc

I would have thought but don't know for sure that a code for failure to sense flame might have come up but glad to hear it is under control.