Castle Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnny lu

Oct 5, 2020
NEPA
Just bought the castle stove. I’m just wondering how I’m getting more ashes blowing around in the inside. I did close the air intake door more than halfway. I have the exhaust voltage set at 80, 85, 95, 100, 110. A lot of ashes are blowing around inside. I even had a few embers come out the exhaust to the outside.
Any help would be appreciated

Because the stove is pressurized there is sparks and ash being blown out of the burn pot
Normal If you are venting straight out the wall it is possible to get sparks. Make sure that you ent to a noncombustible area

Reactions: Johnny lu
Because the stove is pressurized there is sparks and ash being blown out of the burn pot
Normal If you are venting straight out the wall it is possible to get sparks. Make sure that you ent to a noncombustible area

Thanks, I was running it on Temperature. Tried manual at a lower speed, works perfectly. I may actually open the outside air door back up a little more.