catching ground hog or whatever ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
I took this from a prev comment I made

He or they made a big hole and hump of dirt outside the garden fence and between one of my big sweet potato box bins s approx 4 by 4 feet in size
and about 3 feet tall. so its hard to get to the hole with a pc of fencing I stuck back there now the vines grew thru that too.....
RAH cant remember if I put hdwe cloth under the 3 big box bins like I di the older boxes... cant tell
I bet them good for nuttins are also eating my organically grwon sweet pot. something is decimating the leves. thought it was deer till I saw the hole burrow yesterday morning. or those caterpillars can decimate stuff fast too.
COMMENTS YALL PLEASE
said a big gun and a comfey chair... who wants to sit outside that long? esp in this heat? plus spot ois hard to see... behind the big raised bins
hanks all

i don't know if it is the same thing but i had cucumber and zucchini plants taken out one leaf and stem at a time by what i thought was harmless little white moths. they lay a egg in the bottom of the stem by the spot where the plant enters the ground. and the larvae eats the plant from the inside out.

febelec
those are prob cabbage moths.(HATE HATE). matter fact I have no luv for any moth or butterfly etc no matter how pretty they all are chewers of edibles It is even hard to tell a ladybug from a bean beetle or cuke beetle. RAHHHH.....Yeah the AH may pollinate but they also dep their dreaded eggs everywhere.....
I may be a gal but I am not sqeamish...
yuck too.....Those are detested greatly ...SQUASH VINE BORERS.... I am prob dealing with those. now... I have cut them out before.... but ended up later pulling up plant and spliiting each stalk open and minutely give them to my feather kids. I even netted my plants It did not good...
I was going to hypodermic the stalks with a say BT mix or such and inject after surgically remove the CREEPOs. Heck I just kept forgetting everytime I went out there. Either too blank hot or didnt have my solution or syringe with me.....Mad at myself for not doing it
But last time . well last year, lost count of how many were in each plant . There are Youtubes out there showing it done etc
well have quite a few Havahart.... units..... which I dont (hava- a -care) when it comes to my hardwork lost.. I would if I could step on and dance on his head.and scream foul names to him............RAHHHH
as I smash the other critter bugs I say"come to Mama and let me smash your brains out" PLEASE >>>>>>>>>>>
Found an old bottle of mole etc killer stuff. in my large cabinet of plant stuff..... Told Hubby to pour it down the hole cause I can block off the spoiled chicken girls
heck

i was told use insecticidal soap. but i wasn't putting on daily and they still got my plants. it would suck if i were having to spray every day. told that would work. every time they bit into the plant they would get a mouth full of soap. i remember that and it would make me go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.