CB1200i will not feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brunof399

Dec 1, 2012
Hi All,

My CB1200i has not worked all season. The only thing thing different from last year was that I changed the door gasket in the summer so I have to think that has something to do with my problem.

Currently, the stove turns on and I see the red call light. Unfortunately, I never hear the auger move. Using this forum, I did a few things like give it a thorough cleaning, blow air through the vacuum tube, etc...But still nothing. The Pellet Stove installer is coming out at the end of January (they are extremely busy) so I was hoping you all might have some other ideas while I wait. Thanks in advance!

Hit the reset?

Temporarily jumper the vacuum switch. If the auger runs, you lack vacuum for various reasons: combustion blower dead/weak, venting and/or stove clogged, tube to switch clogged, bad switch, etc.

Do NOT run the stove with the switch jumpered, as it is a safety device.

Reactions: kappel15
Temporarily jumper the vacuum switch. If the auger runs, you lack vacuum for various reasons: combustion blower dead/weak, venting and/or stove clogged, tube to switch clogged, bad switch, etc.

Yes - I hit reset numerous times. I will try to jump the vacuum switch as you advised - thanks!

Does the exhaust fan come on when stove calls for heat? And be careful not to ground the wires on the stove, when you jump the vac switch,or you will toast your control box. kap

I jumped the vacuum switch and the auger started to work. Pellets started dropping. I then pulled the the hose from the vacuum switch and verified it was clogged. Had to suck up most of the pellets out so that I could get to the the other side of the vacuum hose and then blew with a compressor. Line is now clear. Anyways, put everything back together and turned the stove on thinking I was good......nothing. So I gave up and waited for the dealer to come out.

I looked through the forum again a few days later and found some info about no vacuum without pellets in the hopper. I added some pellets, and what do you know, the auger started turning. Thanks for everyone's help - stove running great now!

Reactions: heat seeker
Glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap