central boiler 5036

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey148

Oct 4, 2012
Western MD
Does anybody have any experience with the central boiler 5036 model. How much does the total installation cost? How much square footage can this model heat? I live in western md and I was wondering how many cords of wood I would go thru if I heated from october-march. Winters around here average in the 20's - 30's sometimes going down into the single digits. My house was built in 2009 so it's insulated fairly well. My house is approx 1650 sfq t and i would also be heating my basement which is also 1650 square feet. I would like to heat a garage and another building in the future so figure I would need another 2,000 square feet. Everything heated at once should be a little over 5,000 square feet. With that being said would the 5036 model do the job or do I need a bigger model?

The local fire station has one.

No direct knowledge but probably the main thing is having access to cheap wood, if that is not the case then you need something more efficient.

You also need to check there are no issues with your local planning authority, it is not a gasser.

Status
Not open for further replies.