Ceramic Nozzle Replacement: Econoburn 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nov 21, 2023
New York State
Looking to replace ceramic nozzle on Econoburn 100. Installed 2008, used and regularly maintained since then. After reading discussions, have concerns: Having never had to replace nozzle before this, how do I ensure I order the correct size nozzle? Would appreciate video, detailed instructions on replacement. Seems previous attempts to replace (viewed online) have had to chisel out old parts, and new parts do not seem to be "drop in" options. Some of those videos are a good 10 years old. Are newer replacement parts better? Northern NY (1 hour south of Montreal). Supply stores here do not carry parts and are unable to assist. Any suggestions? Have found parts from manufacturer (Econoburn), but want to be sure order correct parts from the start.

Hi
I have replaced mine twice.
The biggest problem was getting Econoburn to send the correct nozzle.
Shipping a chunk of concrete around isn't cheap.
You break out the old nozzle with a hammer and chisel, then clean out the refractory area for the nozzle. You get some refractory mix to mix up which you use to fill the gap between the new nozzle and the space in the refractory for the nozzle.
Very simple proceedure, the hardest part is getting the right part, as they have shipped me the wrong replacement nozzle.
I hope to make my own for the next replacement,but other projects always seem to take priority, then the next thing you know years have gone by and you need to replace the nozzle.

A quick tip
I used an air hammer with a chisel bit when i did mine.
ONLY USE IT ON THE OLD NOZZLE
Be careful to not damage the refractory that stays in the bottom,Changing that would be a pain