Chaleur stove by Wallace Murray Corp.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Krapson

Jan 4, 2019
Canada
We bought a house with a Chaleur wood stove by Wallace Murray Corp. There is a knob for draft at the bottom. I'm not sure ours works. Does it turn or do you pull it? I'm new to the wood stove thing. Love, but finding it does not burn well, thinking the draft is not as open as it could be. Huge thanks! K

We bought a house with a Chaleur wood stove by Wallace Murray Corp. There is a knob for draft at the bottom. I'm not sure ours works. Does it turn or do you pull it? I'm new to the wood stove thing. Love, but finding it does not burn well, thinking the draft is not as open as it could be. Huge thanks! K
Look here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/chaleur-wood-stove.158448/

I think you need to pull it. What have you tried so far?

Last edited:
Yes, I tried pulling. It turns, but it does not seem to do anything!
Does it need cleaning? If there is a lot of ash or crap in the air intake, nothing much will happen. Let the stove cool down, remove the coals, if any, cool down some more and clean the air intake area, if cold enough with shopvac.