Changing Feed Rate For Soft Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phileefan

Nov 2, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Hello All,
I was talking to a gentleman that I work with and we got on the subject of soft wood pellets. He told me that he picked up some and was currently burning them in a pellet stove fire place insert. I'm not sure of the manufacture, but he told me he had to adjust the feed rate of the auger. I'm currently running my Harman P43 on feed rate 3.5 burning hardwood pellets. I was just looking for other peoples experiences burning softwood pellets. Thanks....

I have the same stove,burned softwood pellets since new.Just about the same time as yours,I run my feed rate at 4-room temp manual and this stove purrs like a kitten.Just keep it clean.
Rusty

I adjust the feed trim and/or damper on my stove for every brand of pellet for optimal burn. But, that is on a Whit

Last edited:
Hello All,
I was talking to a gentleman that I work with and we got on the subject of soft wood pellets. He told me that he picked up some and was currently burning them in a pellet stove fire place insert. I'm not sure of the manufacture, but he told me he had to adjust the feed rate of the auger. I'm currently running my Harman P43 on feed rate 3.5 burning hardwood pellets. I was just looking for other peoples experiences burning softwood pellets. Thanks....
Your P43 will automatically ajust the feed rate on its own no matter what pellets you put in.no worries mate burn on

Reactions: ttdberg
Status
Not open for further replies.