Check out this install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rickwai

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
ohio
Check out this install
Check out this install
Check out this install
Check out this install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got called out to do a annual cleaning. Obviously installed by the prior homeowner. Complaint was slow to ignite. I dropped igniter down and cleaned the packed ash out of it, scraped burn pot and cleaned to interior of the stove. Flue tee was nearly impossible to get to. Plus it was glued on with red silicone and a near 90 deg. bend in liner im sure would not allow rod to go around. I checked draft and it checked out perfect. Stove lit like a champ. I advised that we move stove to the corner and vent out the side wall. The rear of the stove is not serviceable!

Reactions: kappel15
Wow. Looks nice, but, like you say, how the heck do you service the back of the stove.

It is all a trade off. Pretty vs easy to work on! This one is WAY PRETTY.

I agree with the looks. Not able to be serviced in current position. Im not even sure that the shields can be removed from the back let alone be able to see anything behind it. And that stove is way to heavy to be pulling in and out to work on it. Plus the legs can break if you are dragging it around.