Chimney elbows and length questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rky60

Oct 6, 2008
East Central PA
Bought an Englander 55-SHP10.

Have to do a corner install but am running into some chimney issues. There's an adjacent structure at the corner i'm putting it in with a lower roof line than the main house, plus a deck there.

Can this be done:

Offset stove in corner
Place cleanout tee off stove adapter
Rise approx. 5 feet up
90 degree out
1 foot through the thimble (i'd stop there with the vent, problem is the vent would fall from center only 13 inches to adjacent structure)
90 degree up again
6 feet of pipe to get 2 to 3 foot above adjacent structure
Vent

That's 3 90's if the tee is included which i'd assume it is, and from what i've read is probably a no no :). Any thoughts on this setup? Any help is appreciated.

this is quite similar to what i plan on doing with the same stove. adapter, tee, 5' vertical, elbow, 2' through wall, elbow, then 3.5' vertical, cap. we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.