Chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bb1580

Oct 19, 2018
Kansas
So I live in an old farm house and the couple before me who had the house built, decided they didn’t want the fireplace anymore. The bricked it in and left a clean out and installed a piece of pipe through a 6inch hole straight into the flue. I want to put a stove back in so I cleaned the flue (which didn’t look to be in bad of shape) but want to get a SS flue liner. My question is when I install the flue liner can I just pull the liner through the 6in existing hole and connect it that way or do I NEED the tee?

So I live in an old farm house and the couple before me who had the house built, decided they didn’t want the fireplace anymore. The bricked it in and left a clean out and installed a piece of pipe through a 6inch hole straight into the flue. I want to put a stove back in so I cleaned the flue (which didn’t look to be in bad of shape) but want to get a SS flue liner. My question is when I install the flue liner can I just pull the liner through the 6in existing hole and connect it that way or do I NEED the tee?
You could pull it through but a tee will work better unless you can make the bend very gradual.