Chimney pipe identification needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fairscott99

Sep 4, 2018
MN/Ontario
Just purchased a cottage in NW Ontario and the cabin has a chimney pipe installed but no stove, stove pipe or chimney cap. I'm looking to identify the chimney pipe brand so that I can find a cap and adapter to black stove pipe. Anyone have thoughts on what I am looking at? One photo is of the top of the chimney pipe outside and the others are from the bottom of the pipe in the cabin. Thanks for the help.
IMG_1399.jpg IMG_1440.jpg IMG_1442.jpg
P.S. don't worry about the couch cushion currently leaning on the pipe. I've been clearing out since I bought the place. Lots of stuff squirreled away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metalbestos maybe? Note the lanced couplers. The ends are pretty unique among brands. Shouldnt be too hard to identify.

How much for the couch cushion? I have that same couch at camp. Could use a spare....:) (not really)

It looks like you need a firestop and an insulation sheild as well. That is only from what we can see.

Thanks Ludlow. I will check to see if Metalbestos is a match. And the couch cushions are not for sale at any price :) Now I just need to find the rest of the couch....

I thought that if it is a listed product it must have the brand name on it. Look for an embossed name or dried up sticker on it. Or UL product number.

I thought that if it is a listed product it must have the brand name on it. Look for an embossed name or dried up sticker on it. Or UL product number.
I am sure it had a label of some sort. But the stickers dont last long