Classic Bay 1200 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rickster55

Oct 11, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I had my thermocoupling cover burn out (of course during a severe cold snap). So I ordered a new one along with a new ignitor off Amazon (Closest dealer was into the heart of the storm and a 45 minute drive in good weather). This is what I had. cb1200.jpg

And this is what I got.cb1200ignitor.jpg

Nothing really close to what I had. Is this an upgraded part or did I just get the wrong ignitor?

the top pic is thermocouple and cover. the second pic is an igniter goes in the bottom of the pot.

Reactions: kappel15
All you got was an igniter. Check to see if you did actually order the thermocouple. If you did then you may see another package show up. It’s happened to me. Look at you manual for location of the igniter and chech YouTube for any vids on how to replace

Reactions: kappel15