classic bay dead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bucko1

Dec 30, 2021
gatineau qc canada
classic bay is dead it was working fine till i replaced the ignitor, wen i did so i did not realize that the wires were bare and shorted.i brought control box to electronic repair shop (he saya box is fine)there is no lights on box and no call light . i bypassed thermostat,ive checked snap disc 3 near auger for continuity.ive replace snap disc 1.not sure what else would cut power to control box(im assuming)

Did you check to see if the wall outlet has power?

Reactions: Mt Bob
classic bay is dead it was working fine till i replaced the ignitor, wen i did so i did not realize that the wires were bare and shorted.i brought control box to electronic repair shop (he saya box is fine)there is no lights on box and no call light . i bypassed thermostat,ive checked snap disc 3 near auger for continuity.ive replace snap disc 1.not sure what else would cut power to control box(im assuming)
Check the Fuse. That will kill the unit. I shorted something and it blew the fuse. Once I replaced the fuse I was back in buisness.

Reactions: VintageGal