Clean out inside. Yes or maybe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phile

Aug 11, 2018
northwest ohio
Hey, new to pellet stove. I can do a super clean install with or without a clean out on the inside. 45 off the back of the stove 3' to the wall. Boom. If i do it that way, which is what I bought, then putting a clean out in later is going to be a problem. So am I good without it or should I get a clean out. Thanks for the input in advance

Get it, otherwise you will have to disconnect the pipe from the stove to clean it or rely on the leaf blower trick.

Last edited:
What stove did you get? Most stoves you can clean the exhaust through the blower which needs cleaned as often as the exhaust anyway. I serviced 4 stoves today and didn’t have to disconnect the pipe on any of them.