Cleaning Out The Barn-Husqvarna

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpma

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2014
W. Mass
We bought our farm home back in January. It was being sold by the family whom lived in Long Island. It was their parents home and the parents had passed.

Anyway part of the sale was the family go to leave any remaining contents in the home. They did not want to return. Low and behold I find a Husqvarna "Special 45" chainsaw buried in the barn. It appears to have a 16" bar and very little use.

Can anyone tell me about this saw good or bad? Will it run an 18" bar? Appears to have similarities to a Jonsered

I'm no expert, but I think this was a 44cc chainsaw? If so, I'd keep the 16 inch bar on it and enjoy it for what it is.

Any good running saw is a good saw within its limits. If I'm right, putting a bigger bar on the thing may just make one be disappointed in it and make the thing work outside of where it is intended / shorten life / make for poor performance.

Get it to fire yet?

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.