Clearance to combustables for Quad7100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need the manual for this one :)

The fireplace will come with some non-combustible board which you attach to the face. From there you can butt drywall right up to the edges of this. None of this drywall needs to be covered. For a minimal facing you could just cover the non-combustible board with some ceramic tile overlapping the drywall a little to cover the edges. This would be legit as far as I know. The front fasica would then actually overlap the tile a little bit giving it a really clean finished look.

That is with everything flush with the non-comb board, if you plan on having any walls project out then you need to follow the mantle and sidewall clearances.

Any more questions let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.