Cleveland iron works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dozerdean

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2014
North central mo
Does anyone have a Cleveland iron works pellet stove? If so how can I make it work in Eco 1 works in Eco 2 but not 1. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a Cleveland iron works pellet stove? If so how can I make it work in Eco 1 works in Eco 2 but not 1. Thanks in advance.
Update: Finally I was able to talk to someone at CIW. P1 through P4 settings are 15 first # 10 second # P5 and P6 are 10. It doesn’t tell you that in the manual Plus I’m getting a new display and temp wire as he thought they were faulty because we couldn’t get some numbers to pop up. Don’t know if these are the correct numbers for Eco1 but they worked for me.

ok put the stove in eco1 and then shut the power off at the switch on the back of the stove then turn it right back on and that will switch to the eco1 mode. If and when you want to go back to eco2 just switch it on the display and it will change over no problem. I don't know why they made it so difficult to go to eco1 but it is what it is.

I have a Cleveland PS130W - the manual is absolutely no help. It lights for 15 minutes in ECO 1 and then shuts down. Any advice? I think this product is great but do not want to sink an over abundance of money into it.

I don't know your stove but a shut down at 15 to 20 min. indicates
that the proof of fire switch has not reached temp. In your case an exhaust temp of 40 to 45 ::C

I have a Cleveland PS130W - the manual is absolutely no help. It lights for 15 minutes in ECO 1 and then shuts down. Any advice? I think this product is great but do not want to sink an over abundance of money into it.
I remember something about that in the manual, check that towards the back section.

I know with my stove I had it set in ECO1 mode at 80 degrees and since the room is small it would hit 80 pretty quick and shutdown. I had to increase it to 85 degrees for ECO1 to work right. I now run mine in ECO2 and just push the hot air out of the room to the rest of the house, it pretty much runs in p4 mode all the time.

See page 25 of the master forge manual (rebranded stove), it covers this issue: https://pdf.lowes.com/productdocuments/234745f6-c461-47a8-a4b6-bc2e749b14c5/47535160.pdf

Link to stove on lowes website if you don't trust the link: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Master-Forge-800-sq-ft-Pellet-Stove-with-30-lb-Hopper/5014116327

PUT my stove in eco 1 run through usual cycle then when cooling fan shut off the display says shutting down goodbye any ideas???