C'mon over, Pellet Pigs, and do some testing - new forum test...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DanCorcoran said:
Is it possible to indicate on the list of threads whether or not the user has posted to that thread? Sometimes I'd like to go back to a thread I've posted to, but can't remember the name. (I realize this may not be in your control).

Yup, it puts a smaller avatar to the bottom right of the OP's avatar who started the thread on the main page ~ pretty cool!

If your improving things how about having the forum directory also at the bottom as you do have the page selection at the top and bottom.

I like to click on the forum directory to go back out of a posting because then the forum updates unlike using my back button the forum doesnt update.

I find my selfalways scrolling back up top of the page to use the forum directory to click out of a posting.

I can't log in, it says my password is incorrect, but I can log on here fine with that password???

Here on my work computer, when wanting to sign in with a passwork it says it will do it in an insecure manner. FYI

you have to sign in with the user he provided in his first posting.

I got logged in and looks like the directory for the forum is at the top and bottom of the page, so GOOD that helps.

Hello Craig

Can you change the colors and text in the tabs to stand out better??

We do not want the IBurnPellets forum to look better?? See example pics below.

See arrows and click to enlarge

Attachments

• NewForumIBurnPelletsCom.jpg
    NewForumIBurnPelletsCom.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 255
  • NewForumHearthCom.jpg
    NewForumHearthCom.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 274
i like it, when is it changing forgood to that one?

I like, looks a little more modern (not that there is anything wrong with this look). Good job, nice to see you still improving the site. I've been a webmaster, it was great at first, lots to try and do but after 2 years I got bored with it and it became more of a chore then the fun it used to be.

Great to see your not like me.

Looks nice and streamlines. Okay to me.

I like the new look! Modern easy on the eyes. Tried it last night. Is there a photo section in each member's profile so we can store multiple pics to share with each other? It would be nice to go on someone's profile and see a more personalized look, stove pics, hearths, instal projects, clean ups or any other pic anyone may want to share.

I like the feature that lets you know you have posted in a thread before.

I like the idea of having the mobile apps for viewing on iphone and android :) I just went searching today to see if we had a better idea for mobile viewing (cause its nice to catch up over a coffee break at work (my computer at my desk is in a lab where I can't have drinks) :)

Webmaster said:
Bumping this for Sunday.
Thanks for those who came over!
If anyone cannot login or has other problems, please report in this thread or PM me.
thanks!

Was unable to login.

Edit: never mind - I can't read sometimes. :)

First glance - looks nice! Will go look around a bit. Has the image attachment feature changed? It kinda sucks on the current forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.