C'mon over, Pellet Pigs, and do some testing - new forum test...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Hey Hearth.com Friends!

We’re fiddling with testing a new forum package and want some more people to put it through it’s paces…..

It will have most all posts up until a week or two ago in it…....

It will, of course, be erased and replaced - this is just a test!

So, if any of you are curious, helpful or have a lot of free time:
https://www.hearth.com/~jake/xf/index.php

when challenged for name and password
craig
iri

Then try logging in using your existing info. Note that it only has one screen name, so those of you with different screen names than user (login) names may get confused.

Keep all the conversation about it over there in that test forum.
Also, note that you may find it gone or unavailable at any time…as I said above, it’s a short term test.

Thanks,

Webbie

risking the admins wrath: I am OK with what it looks like right now in the old style - I guess I am getting old and dont want to learn new things....the home page could use a facelift though...

As I said over there, I don't know which meds to take, can't trust these new lights, gotta get into the stuff I have stashed away dontwannadothisbut.............

Riddle Master Morgon said:
risking the admins wrath: I am OK with what it looks like right now in the old style - I guess I am getting old and dont want to learn new things....the home page could use a facelift though...

No wrath. Style can and will be changed. One option is to make it look as close to this one as we can.

But I think once most people check out the search, private conversation, thread previews, thread sorting and many other options...they'll be sold.

Sure...I want your feedback. That's the whole idea. No wrath here - just gratitude.

Has the signature been eliminated or it's just not showing right now?

i cant seem to log in
says my password is incorrect

CTguy9230 said:
i cant seem to log in
says my password is incorrect

Do you have the same login name and screen name?
That forum only has one of them........I think the login (not screen) name.

If you would, try to reset your password there...hit the forgot password link in the login box.
Let me know if it sends you and email to reset.

Is it possible to indicate on the list of threads whether or not the user has posted to that thread? Sometimes I'd like to go back to a thread I've posted to, but can't remember the name. (I realize this may not be in your control).

DanCorcoran said:
Is it possible to indicate on the list of threads whether or not the user has posted to that thread? Sometimes I'd like to go back to a thread I've posted to, but can't remember the name. (I realize this may not be in your control).

You can look at your content in the drop down box under your login name....see pic enclosed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-22 at 5.45.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-22 at 5.45.45 PM.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 930
Hmm. Couldn't log in with my phone. Suppose I could try a real computer.

jeff_t said:
Hmm. Couldn't log in with my phone. Suppose I could try a real computer.

yep just tried with my android device and it just locks up or I get a blank screen, tried twice and gave up.

old forum works fine with android phone.

[ Made the log in to this cite. Cant log into the test cite at all.

Webmaster said:
iphone works just fine.

Not only would there be an app, but the developers are doing a mobile skin too - so it's likely to have multiple options.

Still, there is no reason it should not work on android now. What happens when you try to login?
I may be doing something wrong... Pm sent

Had to log out of this one. After logging in with craig and iri, I signed right in with my own username and password.

I can get in with my Android tablet, but not my Android phone. Idk maybe cause my phone is a lower end model, entry level.

I'm not to worried if theres gonna be an app available.

Status
Not open for further replies.