Cold snap!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
2e5c2f68020dabf88ff55dd59032a45b.jpgCold one this morning, wind chills of close to 20 below. Three wood stoves and a pellet stove going at our household today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im loving it, just turned the bk tstat up so now im running small flames but tons more heat.

Was 12F when I woke up at 5am, been watching the temp drop as the day goes, just going to get colder throughout the day. That time of year i guess.

Says 18*F out right now got mine running with some 3-4" rounds of birch right now. Running pretty hot in here :)

Kind of weird to be saying this, but the temps you guys are showing are making me glad I live up here in Canada where it's currently warmer!

Lol, here in northern Indiana we have some serious weather patterns! -20 in the winter months, 100*+ in the summer months, and the big pond to our north almost always has some sort of effect on us! Granted those are temps more on the extreme side. I love this place! No, seriously I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

190784-bbf9f133e6e4acf30ec6239c961e6b9e.jpg

:eek:

-20 in the winter months, 100*+ in the summer months

Old desert rat here. The highs I do not mind (even with the humidity), but those lows.... nope, nope, nope, nope, nope..... _g

I'm in northeast Ohio so I get it. Still it's a great place to live. This coming week should be better warmer temps in the 30's. It's only 20 now but the way our house sits and with the sun out the stove upstairs doesn't even have to run. That little bit helps heats the house up a few degrees as the day goes on.

I have two chocolate labs that live the near the stove all winter. I'm working outside all day while they are sleeping next to the stove, you tell me who is smarter?

we had a cold snap this past week... it was 45º on friday afternoon, then dropped down to -11 by the time i woke up on saturday to 16" of snow.... house stayed pretty much the same at 70º in the hearth room. The furnace did kick on a few times to get the upstairs a bit warmer. Windows behind the insulated curtains had a solid film of ice on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.