combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

panheadhd

Jul 27, 2008
nw NJ
How long should a combustion fan run after the fire is out?
I have a new harman advance,after running for about 1 hour and the thermo shuts the fire down the fan runs for 3 hours to cool the stove down.
Dose this seem to long??
Thanks.
Panhead.

In the owners manual...most stoves state a temp the combustion fan will shut down....mine is 90F

Seems too long, IMO. I ran my Astoria outside on a 90 degree+ day in July, and the blower shut off after about 20 minutes.

All of the stoves I've used turn off in about 20-30 minutes.

Thanks for the replys,
I will contact the dealer for a new ESP sensor,I think the 20-30 minutes sounds about rite to cool the stove down.
Thanks.
panhead

Smudge88 said:
In the owners manual...most stoves state a temp the combustion fan will shut down....mine is 90F
The ESP exhaust sensing probe has to get under 90 degrees for the exhaust fan to shut down. If the stove is less than a couple years old there should be a diagnostic port on the control board the dealer can plug into and see what the ESP's temp is. You can crack open the door and the stove will suck cooler room air into the door and cool off the exhaust temp faster and your can see if the fan shuts down.

When the ESP went bad on my Advance, I was getting 4 blinks on the Status light. My combustion fan runs about 30-45 minutes to cool the stove down after running it for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.