ComfortBilt Hp22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zarok77

Mar 14, 2022
Australia
Firemaster Fm60 --- > comfortbilt HP22
Hi everyone,
purchase the above pellet stove few years ago and facing some problems now. the original retailer would not help with finding what's wrong with the heater so trying to diy fix it before winter kicks in here. model of the heater is "firemaster FM60" but after many researchs find out the original model should be Comfortbilt Hp22. there's 2 problems that i noticed :

-1 the room blower is not spinning even when i get it start from diagnose menu need to push in the motor in order to get it start but as soon release pressure it stops.

-2 after kind solving the first problem by using a metal wire to keep the blower motor in place another bigger one come up. many weeks later the heater display start flickering ON and OFF beeping like an alarm system, some time i manage to initialize and get in to the diagnose menu where 2 of the options are ready selected, one is vacuum and another one s well cannot remember the name rn.

any suggestion on what that could be ?

Thank God to find Heart.com forum hoping to get some help here😊.

Firemaster Fm60 --- > comfortbilt HP22
Hi everyone,
purchase the above pellet stove few years ago and facing some problems now. the original retailer would not help with finding what's wrong with the heater so trying to diy fix it before winter kicks in here. model of the heater is "firemaster FM60" but after many researchs find out the original model should be Comfortbilt Hp22. there's 2 problems that i noticed :

-1 the room blower is not spinning even when i get it start from diagnose menu need to push in the motor in order to get it start but as soon release pressure it stops.

-2 after kind solving the first problem by using a metal wire to keep the blower motor in place another bigger one come up. many weeks later the heater display start flickering ON and OFF beeping like an alarm system, some time i manage to initialize and get in to the diagnose menu where 2 of the options are ready selected, one is vacuum and another one s well cannot remember the name rn.

any suggestion on what that could be ?

Thank God to find Heart.com forum hoping to get some help here😊.
Don't know if you've already fix your issue or not since March. Just saw your entry today when I was checking for current pellet prices.
Does your Stove have the optional Hopper extension kit installed?
There was an issue where the wire harness that runs from the Stove's processor (located in the bottom rear corner of the stoves' chassis) and runs up to the LCD control panel, when the display was relocated for the hopper extension, the harness was being strained and a few
had one or more of the wire leads separate where they were crimped. Sometimes when opening/closing the hopper to refill, I had mind go into an automatic shutdown as it lost connection to the control panel.
Easy enough fix as Comfortbilt (in the US) had replacement harness and shipped one out. May not be your exact issue, but it was one I had that seems similar to yours and was taken care of once the new harness was received in the mail.
That has been my only issue to date with running it for 3 years. Doing my seasonal detailed cleaning of the stove next week, which includes pulling the exhaust motor add fan to clean teh fan blades and scrape clean the housing and install a new motor gasket. With the current Fuel oil prices, think I'll be running the stove a bit more frequently and have the furnace run only when there's a call for hot water (don't have a hot water tank).