Common sense on craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johninwi

Burning Hunk
Aug 22, 2014
madison wisconsin
Wandering craigslist ran across this, it's for antique parlor stoves but could be edited for just about anything.
I can only imagine the frustration and disgust the poster went thru prior to writing, I'm picturing a guy, or gal shaking thier head at a vague or rediculious add.
http://madison.craigslist.org/atq/4888957000.html

And i think the best quote was

"If your of that younger generation, ask an adult for help constructing a complete sentence before you lose a sale texting. K?"

I agree with just about everything they said. It was very well thought out and most of the info was right on. Other than saying no one has access to coal anymore. That depends on your area coal is everywhere here and is pretty easy to get in many places. Also wood can safely be burnt in many old parlor stoves

Dang. All those years I burnt wood in my 1883 Mt. Kineo Grand parlor stove, and it turns out you can't burn wood in a cast iron parlor stove. Good thing it was only 112 years old when I got it, but yeah, overall he makes some good points. The same could be said about a lot of Craigslist sellers.

Intentional irony?

If your of that younger generation, ask an adult for help constructing a complete sentence before you lose a sale texting. K?

Grammar issue . . . "your" should be "you're". At least they didn't use the word "loose" in place of "lose."

Not sure if it is intentional irony.

"where" instead of "were" (several times), "adds" instead of "ads", "there" instead of "their" etc. Wrong or missing punctuation, wrong capital letters. (Spotted by someone whose native language is not English.)

Agree with the message, though.

He might learn how to use a spell checker from the younger generation. And learn that there are many old parlor and cookstoves that were designed to burn wood and did it quite well.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.